Thursday, June 3, 2010

Confessions of an Armchair Anarchist

Hey everybody,

I haven't posted much of anything lately, and I don't really have too much on the boil at the moment. But that should change fairly soon. In the mean time, since I have no new material, I thought I'd share with you an ooold and silly entry from when I was 15, because it's just too amusing:

"I think laws are stupid. For as long as they exist people won't be able to continue in their evolution. Rid ourselves of laws and people will gradually become more self-reliant upon their potentiality for common sense. Things will seem chaotic at first I'm sure, but I believe the long-term effect will be better. Until then, we will be bound by laws; external agents that we look to rather than looking inward. Laws are like over-protective parents, doing more harm than good, since they are ultimately supressing the growth and development of the children (i.e. the subjects under which laws are implemented, a.k.a us). My two cents for today."
Liam Volke
October 13, 2004

Seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess.

2 comments:

Kesineeee said...

awww, cute little Liam "the Anarchist" Volke. Adorable. Now, this IS a good idea, if only there weren't that damned "human nature" thing to contend with, hahaha!

KareBear said...

You make me giggle. Also, I haven't had the chance to read your entire entry about religion yet, but I promise I will! Very insightful so far.