Tuesday, March 13, 2007

EVERYONE COME SEE DOGS REQUIEM! THURSDAY, MARCH 22!

Sorry for the lack of postage. Perhaps the taps of worthwhile telling have run dry lately. I don't really know what to tell you. But then, why should I always have news, per se? If all I measure my life by is progress, then I'll never get anywhere! But maybe progress is all we have to measure our lives by; progress in how much money we make, how many friends we have, how many days go by before I GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS PLACE, how well your relationships with other people are going, how much IQ you're gaining in your noodle, or how much facial hair you're able to grow....

I had coffee with Riff, today. That was quite nice. How I missed that chap. And then on the bus Gina and I saw this guy who was actually freestyle rapping! And he had a boombox, too. It was quite cool.

Right now, I'm reading A Prayer for Owen Meany. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's really good so far. But I'm really not in the mood for it, I'm sorry to say. It's fiction based on the real world, which is too close to real life, and it's kind of depressing.

Damn this March weather. It tricks me into feeling like it's April or May, and then rudely reminds me it's not. Could you tell I want this year to be over? Haha I sure couldn't. ;p

I need a vacation from all this....so I keep on reading Lord of the Rings. That's probably when I'm at my most content. When I'm curled up with my nose buried in those lovely-smelling pages. And when I'm listening to Arcade Fire, or playing my guitar, or singing Shaw's songs. Those things in particular keep me happy. It's all a nice little tonic against other things in particular that are getting under my skin.

Ahh, that would be quite nice. I'd like to take my own 'there and back again' journey. Into the wilderness. Into the mountains. Perhaps even a space ship. Or to the ocean. Or all of them at once.

I'm sorry, guys. I'll try to come back on here with some better news.

Love to everybody!

2 comments:

Paula R said...

John Irving is full of depressing.
Except for A Son of the Circus. That one's happy and funny.

Redcard Sanchez said...

Spring break. We'll go rucksack wandering.