Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fare Thee Well, Unemployment.

YAAAAAAY!!!! I FINALLY GOT A JOB! Ahhhh that feels good. Now I feel like I'm starting to make some more tangible progress, if only a little bit. I'm finally getting somewhere. I know, it's pretty sad to measure the progress of my life by whether or not I get a part time job. But seriously, it does 2 things: passes the time and gets me money, most of which I can save up for school, and some of which I can buy stuff with. ANd that's no small feat is it?
Yes, it's Safeway Starbucks. I'm finally a corporate whore! Hurrah! And you know what? I'm fine with that. Besides, even if I come to hate this job, I can keep in mind it'll only be for a few months. And then sayonara (sp?), Calgary! So yeah, my orientation is this Thursday.

In other news, I think once I get time I'm going to start writing the script for my new play. Talking to Dean (the Greek one) about his scriptwriting has inspired me to get back in the game once again. So as soon as my hands aren't tied with essays and projects and applications and paperwork, I will get started.

I also want to enter Stroll of Poets again, but I don't know when the deadline is, or if I can enter even though I most likely won't be there when it happens...

Well, I'd like to keep chatting, but I can't sit on my laurels forever, although I'd like to. Stupid goddamn homework. Ok, I'll talk to you all later.

2 comments:

Paula R said...

NOT STARBUCKS!

Kesineeee said...

Updaaaaaaaaate!!!!!!!! haha Come ON Liam, I know you can muster some time to update this lovely blog!