Sunday, September 30, 2007

I've recently come to the realisation that I have a great deal of anger in me. Moreso than I thought. Or maybe not anger per se, but a lot of negatvity in general, sometimes which I won't intentionally let on (but I might show it despite myself). I find myself reacting to some people with a lot of indignation, or resentment. I'm judgemental and it makes me mad that I'm like that, which makes it worse. I'm hard on myself, and consequently I can often be hard on others. I've come to the conclusion that, as weird as this sounds, I've kind of forgotten what it means to accept and to forgive; myself and others around me. I'm not at peace with anything, and there's a lot of tension that I don't deal with. Sure I can relax and feel good about myself at times, but I don't really consider that 'dealing with' the root problems. And none of this is really a groundbreaking revelation either. These are aspects of myself that I always knew were there, but I don't think I've acknowledged that enough.
Lately I've been going through a bit of self-reflection, and trying to come to terms with what I can and can't do as a human being. So my question is, if you try so so SO hard at something to be able to do something, but in spite of your best efforts and your best intentions you fall disappointingly short, how do you accept that? What does it mean to accept one's shortcomings, and work with them?
I realise this is all very vague, and I apologise, because unless you're inside my brain it'll probably stay that way. Don't feel bad though. And they haven't overwhelmed me, but they are there, and they're not getting any easier to deal with. I don't think of myself however as a victim of my problems...no, I am but the architect, who simply needs to work on changing the way he thinks a little bit.

In other news: I have to watch my Ninja Turtles movies soon. I feel a severe lack of ninja turtles in my life, right now. I'll get on that.

I've been writing more! Hurray! And this blog is proof! But also I've been visiting my script lately. I'm not through the first scene, even, because I'm still working out in my head what kind of characters are in it. And they are starting to flesh out more. And more. and MORE!

Alright, that's all for now, folks.

No comments: