Sunday, November 18, 2007

Alex and I went to the mall downtown, today. As I walked through the festively decorated mall, I suddenly became very excited for Christmas. Pathetic, I know. It actually took a mall to do that. I feel dirty. But to be fair, being on campus in Victoria doesn't give you a sense holiday spirit. With the exception of bare naked trees and mounds of brown leaves, It's still green for the most part, and if I didn't keep track of the date and didn't have final exams burdening our souls it wouldn't occur to me at all that Christmas is imminent. It took my inner consumer, or worse, my inner mall-rat to awaken my yuletide self.

I can't believe it. There are two people from my elementary school who go to UVic. John McDougall and Nabila Lalani. I just think that's the coolest thing! I kind of want to get in touch with them again (in the real world that is, not the cyber world), but it's also a really scary thought. We've changed so much, and we're all such different people I bet. It's just so weird to have lost touch after all this time and then rediscovering them right under your nose. It's so crazy finding them again on Facebook, seeing how they've grown up. They've both aged really well I must say. I wonder how many more Calgary Montessori School-ites are poking around here...

1 comment:

Kesineeee said...

I totally got in a Christmas mood when I saw the lights in the mall too! hahaha. I am terrible also!