Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Alright, so I've technically broken my resolution many times, already. I haven't been keeping a daily update on here. In my defense, I never said I would write every day on HERE. I've been writing almost non-stop throughout January, finishing one short story and quickly moving on to the next within a very small span of time, as well as editing the first one simultaneously. Work's just piled up and taken priority over this, and when I'm not working on Fiction stuff, I have to focus on my Acting homework. We've started rehearsals for Medea as well, so when I'm not at the Phoenix or editing my stories or workshopping other peoples' stories, I do need some time to cool my noodle, and perhaps share a word or two with my comrades, without whom I would become completely sucked into my lap top and closed off from the world. And though none of this is an adequate excuse, I'm not superhuman, (contrary to popular belief). Slowly but surely I'm learning how to foster good work habits, and when I have the luxury of time I can post on here more often. But until then, it'll have to be sporadic. I think resolutions, if they're really worth keeping, need to be renewed not once every year, but something like once every week. Even with my other resolution it's been tough. The past couple of weeks I haven't gone to the gym for the intended minimum of 4 days a week. Does that mean I'm going to give up? Haaayull no! If you can't be consistent, then at least be persistent.And we need to give ourselves time away, to gather our thoughts before we jump back into the squall again. And should we falter in our commitment, we simply acknowledge it, not punish ourselves for it, and keep going.

No comments: