Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Alright, alright!

Enough running. Enough evasive manoeuvres. Enough excuses. Time to blog again.

Having watched Uta Hagen's acting class was extremely inspirational for me. It's basically everything I read about in her book Respect For Acting, only it was far more helpful to see it all demonstrated by her and her students. The woman is, like Whoopi Goldberg said, a force of nature. If anybody will renew my interest in this bizarre art form, it's her. I know I said that after having read her book a few months ago, and then I dipped down again and have strongly considered dropping acting as soon as I'm done the next year. I really was, and I'd be lying if I said it doesn't still tempt me. But seeing Uta and her students in action reminds me just what acting in theatre can really be about. Anyway, it's getting closer to show time as well, and that's fuelling the fire too.

Speaking of Rent, the more I play around with the video camera during rehearsals and pretend to film people, the more I actually want to do what Mark Cohen is doing. I've wanted a camera for as long as I can remember, and doing it onstage really whets that appetite.

I shall be posting a short story on here soon. It's bubbling and brewing as we speak. I only have notes in my head, but it's fleshing itself out with great ease already. I'll devote Thursday night to its drafting, even if it means severe sleep deprivation! That's all I'll say for now, though...

No comments: