Thursday, December 28, 2006

R.I.P. James Brown.

Happy belated Christmas to you and yours!

Alright, so down to business. Yesterday was our first holiday rehearsal and it was more or less good. Again, we weren't successful in getting through the entire play. But at least we managed to do Act I, thoroughly. It pretty much consisted of doing line run after line run over and over again for each of the four scenes of Act I, and we also finally choreographed the Lester murder scene. Near the end of this part, people had to take their leave, and everyone was lacking energy, so it kind of fizzed out. But at least we can say we accomplished something after walking away.

Now, I know Johanna and Peter understand their lines very well, but I'm not quite getting the feel that they do. As a semi-ignorant audience member (and I mean ignorant as in had never seen the play before, not as a bash), I wouldn't believe them. I'm not quite getting the feeling of urgency, which I need constantly throughout the play. Mind you, perhaps if we got a chance to run through it entirely without interruptions then it might pick up some speed. This is meant to be a very intense show, even if most of the intensity is negative. I gotta get a whole run in at least once before the 11th. And to be fair, we were just doing line runs, and it's so much easier to get into character and into your lines when you're actually doing the play. I hope the Theatre gods smile upon me...

Next rehearsal, we'll work on the cues, with lighting, scene change and music.

Anyway, Kylian, you've successfully managed to get me hooked on Heroes. That show is damn good! I really like the concepts behind it, like evolution as a way of explaining the extraordinary powers that certain individuals acquire, Although that's pretty much directly from X-Men, Heroes still does an awesome job of presenting those concepts. Not to mention they always end with such cliffhangers! Holy crap! So yes, Kylian and Heroes, hats off to you.

Charlie Chaplin was probably one of the most brilliant performers ever. The Great Dictator is a beautiful, almost sad, comedy, and I strongly recommend everybody see it. And Little Miss Sunshine. See them. Both. NOW! That is all.

God, I miss Joelle. I reeeeallly miss her, and it's killing me. Just a few more days, just a few more days, just a few more days.....

1 comment:

Redcard Sanchez said...

I still need to see the Great Dictator. I haven't been able to find it yet, but then again I haven't been looking that hard.

Little Miss Sunshine is a lovely movie. And thanks to my ingenuity and my dad's money, we now have it.

I really hope the Lester murder scene works out. It really did look brilliant when you rehearsed it those few times. In fact, that's really the only reason why I want to come to next rehearsal.

Oh man! speaking of good movies, I saw The General by and with Buster Keaton today. It was actually really clever and exciting, and while not as funny or charming as most Chaplin films, still really good quality entertainment.

How many days till Joelle comes back? I want to see her agaaaiiinnn.

Oh, and another thing. I just realised I'm not on your comrades list. Did it just slip your mind, or am I not good enough? Not to be demanding or anything...