Saturday, December 23, 2006

So This is Christmas...

And what have I done?

Well, I'm finished Christmas shopping, thankfully. And I'm finally on holidays, which is good, because I was on the verge of keeling over and dying. Now although this will be a Joelle-less Christmas, it can still be fun, and with any luck I'll be so busy it'll just fly by.

I'm alone at home right now, not bored to tears, thankfully. I spent the last while trying to sing Reverend Shaw's part, which hasn't been too bad, except for the final note, which I REALLY have to strain my voice to reach, that is, if I don't want to cut my balls off to make it easier. But I think if I practice enough I could get it. I've been helping out with auditions this week. I read as Shaw for both Joelle and Rielle's Vi auditions. In so doing, I got a feel of what Shaw was like. I couldn't see myself as Shaw, and even now I'd still have to wonder why I'm auditioning for him. But all the same, I'm starting to like him, and I'm excited to audition, now. Even if I don't get it, it'll still be sweet.

We have to start holiday rehearsals for At Bellafonte's. It's been going fairly well, in the past couple of weeks. I mean, it's still been slow progress, but I solved the Aamar question: he's cut. him, Jim and I sat down and talked about it, and decided it would be best for him to not do this. He is, however, going to do tech. This means that I was faced with the task of re-casting Lester. I had a few people in mind: Jessie, Aleem perhaps, and Kylian. Kylian was the most accessible, and probably the most suited: he knows and is friends with the actors, which would make for good onstage chemistry, and I bet he could make a good creepy and sinister scum o' the earth (I mean that in the best of way, of course!). And quite frankly, I don't have that much time to look very far for another Lester. In short, Kylian is my man.

We hadn't had many rehearsals, certainly not as many as I had hoped, so these rehearsals are gonna be uber intense, but I also think they're gonna be so much fun as well. Last week we had our first rehearsal with Kylian, and right off the bat it was already a lot easier to work with than Aamar. That's not to say I didn't think Aamar couldn't do it, but he has no experience in theatre whatsoever, and Kylian has a few years of theatre firmly under his belt.

Next up, I'm gonna try to get a rehearsal for Boxing Day.

Until next time,
god bless, and merry Christmas

Liam

1 comment:

Redcard Sanchez said...

When's next rehearsal? I've been achin' to do something all week, and this will give me an excuse.