Thursday, April 19, 2007

Alright, I promised I'd post today, so post I shall. It will not change the world, but I am a man of my word, so here I am.

I finally bought Pearl Jam's "Ten" album the other day and listened to it. I always forget how much I enjoy Pearl Jam, until I hear them again. Good times, good times.

I was scrolling through old photo albums on Tuesday night, to find a baby picture for grad. But the real reward was seeing all of those old pictures again. It's bizarre to think that all of those people, those younger people were me, my family, my friends. They look like such strangers. Seeing pictures of my mom and dad when they were newlyweds was even stranger. I often wonder what my parents relationship is now, as compared to when they were first married. Do they still love each other? I hope so. It's hard to tell with some people. Especially parents. But you never know, right? Love comes in so many shapes and sizes and degrees. Old(er) love does look very different from the younger kind. But perhaps not SO different that you can't recognise it for what it is. I do hope my parents love each other. It would probably be a while yet before I ever got the courage to ask either of them, if I ever do. Perhaps it's best I don't. I don't usually think of them like that, as husband and wife. I just think of them as mom and dad, and I'm sure most of us do....and then there's the kids. We were all so cute. Gabby and Ciaran were ADORABLE. I wonder what happened? Hahaha no, I jest. They're still just as cute as they were before...and then there is me. I don't think I look alike in any two time periods of my life. Even since junior high I've changed in spades. It's amazing all these things you can forget until you leaf through these things. I encourage everyone to go look at old photo albums and let the old memories come flooding in. You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

Paula R said...

lol
remember how i slept through that concert?

Redcard Sanchez said...

Ah, childhood photos. If only my fashion sense were as good today as it was back then.
I need to not forget your grad, if only to see your mullet-baby picture.

Kesineeee said...

hahah I am So excited for you guys to graduate, OH CANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, yeppers, thats my contribution!! aha! Then its a part-tay!!! haha!