Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Rye-turz blawk

So I want to enter this upcoming writing contest for CBC. It's a 500 word entry for this one, I believe, and I really want to write some fresh material. The criteria is it needs to be "light in tone and humourous, if possible." It can be a poem, or a short story, or whatever, as long as it's light and/or funny. Soooo......any ideas? Anyone? C'mon, I know you're all geniuses, so don't hide it from leeches like me! You're all full of anecdotal gems, I just know it! I'm just a little lacking in inspiration in this department, so if any of you guys has an idea or any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

3 comments:

Kesineeee said...

well...is it supposed to be aimed at any specific audience...like kids...etc?

Redcard Sanchez said...

Listen to lots of Stuart McLean. Then make up an anecdote.

Paula R said...

just write about the beautiful prairie winds rustling through the wheat on your beautiful farm. and like wait for your husband to get home. he's strong and silent, but very good with his hands. he knows how to fix everything and right now he is fixing a fence. you've made him lemonade. and then get really descriptive and then worried because he's been gone so long the ice cubes have long melted away. oh! but then he comes home. what a sweet resolution

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
now THAT is a generic prairie story.